This programme is to help people and organisations to deliver creative community projects in Darlington in 2020/21 or 2021/22. Helix Arts are working in partnership with Creative Darlington, Darlington Borough Council, to offer mentoring, support and funding to three artists who are based in, or have an interest in working in, Darlington. The deadline is 9am Monday 5 October 2020.
- Are you an artist/creative organisation who wants to realise your ideas and turn them into action?
- Are you based in Darlington and/or interested in working within Darlington?
- Do you want to make a difference with Darlington communities?
- Do you need help with securing funds for your idea/project?
- Would you benefit from some guidance and support?
Who is this for?
- Artists/producers/individuals organisations either based in Darlington or interested in working in Darlington
- Those who want to work creatively with communities here in 2020/21, 2021/22, or both
- Creative Darlington and Helix Arts would particularly welcome proposals from people or organisations they haven’t supported previously to deliver community projects in Darlington and who have limited or no experience of securing art funding
What will you get?
- Minimum of 3 mentoring sessions with Helix Arts
- £500 fee to cover your time to participate in mentoring
- Ongoing consultancy, support, guidance from Helix Arts and their networks to support fundraising
- Up to £2500 match funding from Darlington Borough Council towards your project subject to agreement and conditional to additional funding from another source being secured
Access to Helix Arts e-resources/tools supporting effective arts production
- Complete and submit an expression of interest (EOI) form here: Flourish-EOI-form
- Contact the organisers for other formats if required
- Please complete and return by 9am Monday 5 October 2020
Subject to the responses, Creative Darlington and Helix Arts will select three successful applicants. All applicants will be notified of their decision by 9 October 2020.